Information for Financial Aid Administrators
The File Maintenance Template is used by the college and university financial aid offices to
submit changes to student records on HEAB's Grants system. File maintenance will only be accepted
for the following items:
- Special Tuitions for WTG
- X-Codes for WTG
ALL other changes must be made by submitting information to the federal processor.
Download the File Maintenance Template as a Microsoft Excel template:
A guide to the the different columns is included in the template on the tab labeled "LAYOUT
- Call up the Excel template.
- Key in your changes. Please consult the "LAYOUT DETAILS" for the template columns and file
layouts. The template is laid out specifically so the resulting file will be formatted correctly.
DO NOT CHANGE THE COLUMN WIDTHS OR FORMATTING OF THE TEMPLATE!
- Choose SAVE AS from the FILE drop-down menu.
- Change 'FILE TYPE' to 'FORMATTED TEXT (SPACE DELIMITED).PRN'. DO NOT use the 'tab
delimited (field delimited).txt' option.
- You will get a message when you choose "OK" to the effect that this action will save only the
active sheet. This is what you want.
- Always use the same naming convention: F###mmdd.prn - where mmdd are Month and Day. The 'F'
is for file maintenance, and '###' is your school's HEAB code. DO NOT add any extension;
Excel will use the proper extension when you select the FILE TYPE.
- When you exit the file, it will ask you if you want to save the changes and remind you that
the file is not in an Excel worksheet format. You do NOT want to save the changes.
- The resulting file should be submitted using the secure e-mail feature on Secure HEAB.
- All File Maintenance must be submitted to the appropriate HEAB grant program coordinator.
File Maintenance submitted without the program coordinator's approval will not be
Please contact Barb Moermond with any questions:
HEAB Main Page |
Contacting HEAB |
Financial Aid Programs |
Financial Aid Application Information
Frequently Asked Questions |
Information for Financial Aid Administrators |